Art Therapy, Albany Ny 12205
Hi, I have been practicing as an art therapist since 2000's. I have seen remarkable recoveries and been honored to assist clients with many significant life challenges. I hope you will allow me to assist you with yours. Below is some important information regarding the practice of art therapy.
Art Therapy For Adults and Children
Art therapy is a wholistic and non-invasive therapy.
Art Therapy is Psychotherapy for ADHD, TBI, anxiety and depression.
This therapy is suited for adults, teens and children (age 7 up)
Creative arts therapists are trained in psychotherapy and in specific arts discipline. They have training in area's that include clinical practice and human development as well as the use of creative arts to provide services for your psychotherapeutic needs.
While guiding patients to create and reflect on art and the artistic process, creative arts therapists help people increase awareness of self and others, cope with the symptoms of stress, illness and trauma, and enhance cognitive abilities. They help their patients improve self-esteem, develop more effective communications skills and relationships, gain insight into patterns of behavior, and create new options for coping with problems.
Source: Office of NY Professions
Dr. Del Giacco, Ph.D., LCAT has 20 years of therapeutic practice in the greater Capital District.
How does Dr. Del Giacco provide these services?
As a Creative arts therapist she evaluates her patients to identify and provide needed services. Dr. Del Giacco works in a variety of settings with people of all ages in groups, families or individually. While therapeutic interventions vary according to the needs of the patient and the art discipline, the following are examples of creative art therapy:
- employing art media, images, the creative process, and responses to art to reflect an individual’s development, abilities, personality, interests, concerns and conflicts
- working to address feelings, cognition, physical functioning and behavior and to facilitate change
- helping patients tell their stories through art medium to solve a problem, achieve a catharsis, extend their inner experiences, and understand personal roles
- using art medium in the healing process and for personal growth
- Structuring therapeutic sessions that lead to insight and an opportunity to practice new life skills.
Please click here see art therapy in action.
You can check your stress level here with the easy to read chart below.
Then please call or email me for a free phone consultation to see if you may need art therapy to help you or your children.
Telephone: 518-356-8900 email@example.com